* NOW ACCEPTING SUBMISSIONS FOR VOL. 6 / WINTER 2021 *
Please note: we only publish work written by undergraduate students. Writers and artists must be actively enrolled undergraduate students in a degree-granting institution at the time of submission to be considered for publication. Please include the name of your college and your current year (freshman, junior, etc.), as well as any other relevant information, in a brief cover letter.
The Oakland Arts Review (OAR) seeks high quality literary fiction, poetry, nonfiction, comics, and art submissions for publication, and we accept year-round. Please read these guidelines carefully and look to the appropriate submissions category for further specifications.
- Please upload your work using ONE FILE (do not upload files as multiple submissions).
- We do accept submissions in multiple genres (you may submit, for example, a poem and a story at the same time).
- We do accept simultaneous submissions on the condition that you indicate this in your cover letter, and contact us about your submission if it is accepted elsewhere. For fiction and nonfiction writers, please withdraw the submissions; for poets, you may send us a message indicated which poem has been taken and which are still available. Please do not withdraw your entire submission.
- While we make every effort to respond in a timely manner, response for submissions is generally around 3-5 months in the later summer and fall. Our editorial board meets only in the fall semester, so work that comes to us outside of that time frame will sometimes take longer to be evaluated (6 months or more). That doesn’t mean, though, that you shouldn’t submit in the spring or summer! Just expect a longer wait time to hear back. **
- Please proofread your work carefully before submitting.
To stay up to date on all things OAR check out our website, or follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
Questions? Contact our editors at [email protected].